23 January 2009

"I believe we can provide jobs to the jobless, homes to the homeless, and reclaim young people in cities across America from violence and despair."*

Obama reverses abortion-funding policy

This is what gives me hope about our new president and finally the potential for growth that our country will hopefully experience again, as well as the ability to help third-world countries, not destroy them.

If only the economy would rise quicker. I'm starting to slip into a depression. I know that it's the economy and not me, but sometimes it's hard to remind yourself of that fact when it's constant rejections or not even an invitation for an interview. Some days, it is a challenge just to get out of bed. It is upsetting to know that I can't go to graduate school in London in the fall (there are times when it's all I can think about) and it's disheartening that it's so difficult to find employment, with higher education and experience. I'm so thankful that I have the option of returning to my parents' house while I look for a job and figure out my life (even though at times I may complain, it's embarrassing to be back here at 23 and I miss my boyfriend across the country). It breaks my heart to think of the families who have nothing left.

I have got to stop spending so much time on the internet and watching countless TV shows on DVD, in between job hunting. This is most likely not helping my despondent state. I e-mailed a few places today in hopes of being able to volunteer and on Monday I'm creating a schedule to study for the LSAT and I'm sticking to it. Now I just need to find a place to study. Coffee shops were always my preferred location in college but a cup of coffee is expensive when you have no income!

If you're looking for a pick-me up during such hard times, reading this may put a huge smile on your face.


*The title of this post was taken from President Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.

0 comments: