08 March 2009

I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

I usually remember snippets of my dreams but rarely give them a second thought. I certainly do not under normal circumstances do google searches to find out what my dream means; I definitely do not believe in those types of things.

Yet my dream from last night seems to be haunting me. It invaded my thoughts while I was on the bike at the gym trying to read Forbes magazine, it taunted me while studying for the LSAT. I kept telling myself it does not mean anything and not to type the words "dream dictionary" into Google, but my curiosity got the better of me (as always).

In my dream, I was pregnant and that was the reason that my abs have not be defined as of late (the real reason is that I'm lazy, have been skipping the gym, and have been eating like a pig). It was one of those dreams that you could feel what was happening and it really felt as if I was pregnant. The weirdest part was who the father was. He was in the form of my ex-boyfriend but I kept calling him by my current boyfriend's name. In my head, I was comparing him to my ex-boyfriend, which is something I never do. My boyfriend won out in every category I was comparing but the person I was referring to as my boyfriend was physically my ex-boyfriend (did I lose you yet?).

Anyway, I couldn't put "confusing ex boyfriend with boyfriend" into a dream dictionary so I settled on just discovering what some people decided that dreaming about pregnancy meant. This is what I discovered:

"If you are a younger woman who dreams of getting pregnant, but has no waking intention of doing so, it is likely that you are working through an archetypal transition into a new self-awareness. One of Jung's archetypes is the archetype of parenting or preserving the species. To see oneself engaged in such activity is to grow from being a child to identifying more prominently with adults."

I guess it would make sense in the fact that pregnancy affected my body, particularly the area that I feel I need to work on. As for my boyfriend looking like my ex but essentially being the same person in all ways except physical....I'm lost and slightly disturbed by my seemingly fucked up subconscious.

0 comments: