05 February 2009

Twist your head around - it's all around you.

I've always been the girl who likes a challenge, in every aspect of my life. Men are not, by any means, excluded in this. If a guy shows too much interest, I'm not interested. In fact, I was initially attracted to my boyfriend because he seemed to be a promising challenge. Observe:

  • Bouncer
  • Ex-Cop
  • Air Force Veteran
  • Divorced
  • Six years older
  • Tattoo Sleeve
  • Owns two motorcycles
  • Had a girlfriend when I met him
It turns out he's the most extraordinary environmental chemist you'll ever meet and in the end, not much of a challenge in my original definition of the word. I've learned that my definition of the word has highly evolved and I'm very okay with that. He's a challenge in many other ways, in fabulous ways. He's as stubborn as I am, which can be enlightening but also time consuming. He pushes me to do better, to study for the LSAT, to want more out of every day life. He's incredibly intelligent but very modest about it.


He also showers me with attention and gifts, which is something I've never truly experienced before. I'm usually the showerer, not the showeree (yes, I'm aware...not actual words). Gifts range from beautiful shoes and scarves, to a gorgeous globe that lights up because I'm absolutely obsessed with maps, geography and traveling (I despise Oxford Commas and usually avoid them).

The latest gift?

A trip to Seattle to visit him for Valentine's day, February 12-16th.



I cannot wait to attack him in the airport, Panda Style.

<- Simulated image of the Panda attack. Only he doesn't have long hair (thank goodness, that would look weird on him). I do enjoy her striped bag though.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

how exciting!!! i hope you have a great trip and its awesome you're in a healthy challenging relationship!!