06 February 2009

Dear Tegan & Sara,

Up until three weeks ago, I lived super close to Vancouver, B.C. Now I'm 3,000 miles away and that's when you decide to do a show with Broken Social Scene in Vancouver. Which happens to be today, meaning this is an unhappy day for me. I already plan on spending it with "One Second" on repeat - in my car, my house, my iPod.

I've been checking tour dates for over the past four years and you never come to Toronto when I'm available. Yes, yes. You came October 8, 2007 and for some reason I missed it. Why? I'm not sure but I'm just going to blame the douche bag ex-boyfriend for the fun of it. That should not mean that I should be punished for the rest of my life. When this new album that you're creating with Chris Walla is released, please make it a point to come to whatever city I may be living in or near, whether it is Seattle, NYC, Buffalo or Toronto. I promise it will be worth it, since I'll be there. I'm one of your most faithful fans. Well, one of your favorite fans that has no interest in you sexually. Sorry (I don't like your haircuts). If it makes you feel better, your appearance on Season 3 of "The L Word" was the best episode ever.

XoXo,
Amanda

P.S. In addition to visiting a city near me, please send me an autographed copy of the album, on vinyl. Message me for the address of where to send it.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

I hate when stuff like that happens! If this request for a concert and autograph works let me know haha

I have been to probably over 50 concerts and Tegan & Sara are one of the few I haven't seen :(

Jeanette said...

I'm gonna go ahead and comment on this again haha..

I don't know if you follow them on Twitter but I'm getting super excited because it sounds like the new cd is coming along great!