19 February 2009

Brash and Hopeful.

I love when asked the question "what is your dream job?" in an interview.

After law school, I'd like to become an international human rights lawyer based in London for a NGO, such as Amnesty International, where they need U.S. trained attorneys in foreign countries. After working with such a NGO fighting for human rights (mostly women's) in third world countries, I'd like to weasel my way into UNIFEM (United Nations Development Fund for Women) and spends months at a time attending UN conferences in Geneva. While doing so, I'd like to be a correspondent for such news outlets as Women's eNews.

Does this have anything to do with the position I'm applying for currently? No. What is my typical response?

Something along the lines of, I'd love to work in such and such industry (shoot me) and earn my M.B.A. (never going to happen) while growing professionally and helping a corporation to grow at the same time (corporation? no thanks).

So there are two underlying questions here. If I know so specifically what I ultimately want to do with my life...why do I feel so "lost"? And because all of these goals require law school, why am I not studying with every free moment (which is currently 24/7) for the LSAT?

1 comments:

Jeanette said...

I usually feel like I cannot study in a reasonable time period for things. I have to chrunch study or I don't retain the info. It is a horrible habit and if you find a way to break it let me know