22 February 2009

Book Worm Galore

I'm pretty excited that soon my life is going to go from 0 to 100 MPH. I start my new job on Monday and in 2 weeks I'll have a second, part-time job as well. I have the LSAT to study for and boyfriend is coming in three weeks.

So why did I go to the library and check out more books than I can read?

I just finished Hunter S. Thompson's "Hell's Angels" - I enjoyed it.

This is what I have left:

  • Maritta Wolf - "Sudden Rain"
  • Norman Miler "The Castle in the Forest"
  • Carolyn Cassady "Off the Road"
  • Sue Monk Kidd "The Secret Life of Bees"
  • Alison Weir "Innocent Traitor"
Although I have all these books to knock off and enter into my GoodReads (I'm obsessed with that website), my free time has been spent watching Torchwood. What can I say, Captain Jack Harkness is pretty hot.

Even so, I'm also looking for more good books to read. I really want to read "The Inheritance" by David E. Sanger about what challenges Obama faces, as well as "Snark" by David Denby, why the New York Times reviewed today. Any other suggestions?

(Why did my Blog Roll disappear?)

1 comments:

Jeanette said...

I started reading Anna Karenina and then took a break to read Chelsea Handlers book "Hello Vodka... Are you There It's Me Chelsea" and now I really should finish Anna Karenina but have 0 time. good luck!

And my Canadian friend isn't cooler than most my friends, but he's trying haha. But I definitely agree about the music there. Wasn't Celine Dion from Canada?