21 January 2009

I'm so not proactive in enriching my quality of life

I'm in a rut. Big time.

Here's a snippet of how my days have been recently:

10:08 A.M. - Open one eye. Check time. Roll over. Sigh. Text boyfriend. Drag myself out of bed. Consume massive amounts of coffee. Half heartedly look for jobs online.

11:13 A.M. - Watch an episode of Doctor Who.

1:34 P.M. - Hang out with either my brother or my sister and her little monsters (never both at once). Text boyfriend.

5:47 P.M. - Dinner with my parents, usually something horrendous that they think is fabulous.

7:58 P.M. - There are two options here. I'll either go out for a drink/coffee with a friend, or continue to watch episodes of Doctor Who until 1:00 A.M.

12:00 A.M. - Talk to boyfriend on phone.

Repeat. The only exception would be weekends when I drive an hour away to my alma mater for classes and spend the night with my crazy friends.

I know this isn't healthy and I should be studying for the LSAT and looking for jobs and not consuming so many cookies and Diet Cokes. I've decided that until I can find a job, I'll start volunteering. I'm making K. volunteer at the Special Olympics with me in a few weeks and I'd like to start helping out at the local AIDS non-profit organization, where I used to go weekly in high school to offer my assistance. I feel like I need motivation to start living again. I should also probably deactivate my facebook so that I don't spend all day on there. That'd be good. Not to mention clean out my Google Reader. Keeping up on other people's blogs takes a lot of time. Did I also let you in on the secret that I've been back for almost two weeks and I still haven't completed unpacked? Let's just say, my parents probably wish I would just get married so someone could take me off their hands.

Anyway, I'm off to continue to look for any form of employment. At this point, it's not even about the money. It's about not going completely insane from lack of activities.

0 comments: