11 January 2009

Because what I need is more resolutions...

My last post on resolutions...I swear...

I never make resolutions on New Year's. I know myself and I know that I change my mind about life every five minutes. New Year's Resolutions would last about ten minutes and I don't really feel that I need to change the issues that people normally choose to dissect on January 1st. I know it's unusual for a twenty-three year old female to say but I love my body. I'm a healthy 108 pounds for my 5'3" frame and I'm naturally pretty toned and I already work out on a pretty regular basis. I don't smoke so I can't quit that. Quit drinking or drink less? Ummmm how about I drink more. Debt? Okay, yes. I do need to work on that one. As for organization...I'm OCD, I think I have organization down pat.

I've come to realize that there is one thing that I do need to change. This is something you've probably already read in a million blogs but I think it's vital to my happiness. 2009 needs to be about me.

I've been the girl with a boyfriend pretty much since the time I was 16-17ish. Even when I was in relationship, towards the end of it I always had the next one picked out. If I didn't, it was not far from happening. If it wasn't a relationship, it was dating multiple people at a time, then eventually choosing just one. That's seven years of always having to be responsible for someone else's happiness. I know that's a horrible way to look at relationships, but it's essentially what a relationship is, in many ways.

I think I need a break from all of that. I think that I need to figure out my own life and not worry about someone else's. I don't want someone else to be the deciding factor in where I go to law school or where I move when I'm FINALLY able to and to be able to stay in one place for a while. Would I be crazy for getting rid of something that could have been the best thing that ever happened to me? If I'm questioning it...shouldn't that be my answer?

0 comments: