15 January 2009

Guilty Pleasure Confession

Today as I was watching Queen videos on YouTube, I had to stop and wonder if this could be considered a "guilty pleasure." Then again...who doesn't love Queen? Their songs make an excellent soundtrack to every aspect of my life. 


For example, the other day I was re-organizing my room (my parents are THRILLED to have me back in their house at the 
tender age of twenty three!) and I thought I had thrown away/burned everything from my life with him. I shuffled through some papers I had left on my desk only to find a note that reads "Amanda, I LOVE you! Love, J." Next, I found a card with a long inscription saying he loved me, so on and so forth. I opened up the top drawer of my dresser to put some socks aways and found some of his socks and a pair of blue and green plaid Calvin Klein boxers. Fuc
k. Seriously? I ended up sitting on the floor of my bedroom listening to Queen's "Save Me" on repeat and
 contemplating downing the shooter of Jack Daniel's that was sitting beside me and then running to the liquor store to aquire some more. So, back to my point, Queen's "Save Me" was the perfect song for the moment. Did I mention he was wearing a Queen shirt when I met him? Bastard. Of course I was going to fal
l head over heels in love with the asshole. The crazy part is I have no feelings left for him, whatsoever. I couldn't be happier to have him out of my life. It's the Queen that makes me so morose about it. I swear!


Moving on. When I'm down and needing a little pick me up to remind myself about how AWESOME I am..."Don't Stop Me Now" is perfect! "I'm a shooting star leaping through the skiesssss." You know, when you're getting ready to go out and you're running around in your underwear and thigh high socks from American Apparel...this is the song to listen to. Example of me in my AA socks is to your left. 



I have to admit, "Under Pressure" is probably the best. song. ever. written. Ever. Queen AND David Bowie? Omigod. Orgasmic. I could listen to that song on repeat, probably for the rest of my life. Honestly. 

Now...this Paul Rogers BS? No thank you! Queen IS Freddie Mercury. You're not honoring his memory by replacing him with Paul Rogers, of all people. AND releasing new material? I never listen to the radio but about a year and a half ago, I didn't have my iPod or a good CD in the car so I was forced to. I almost swerved off the road when I heard "and here's a new one from Queen, with Paul Rogers!" 

So now that you know about my obsession with the best band of all time...let's never speak of this again. 

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

okay i adore you. officially! i was just listening and watching queen videos on youtube with my roomie.

my request? under pressure. why cant we give out love one more chance!

ohman freddie is amazing! we were noticing how much mika sounds like him.

love the pic. i keep hearing about this aa thigh socks. i think i need to try them!